Friday, September 23, 2011

My mother never

My mother never has given up. She is the most hardworking and determined individual I have ever known. I truly admire her. Her life has never been easy. She was born in a small town in Mexico to a family of eight children, her being the second to the oldest and a woman. She had to clean the house, cook, and had to do the laundry the old fashioned way by hand. She still remembers having to wash her little brother's and sister's cloth diapers....yuck! Finances were very bad for the family and she had to start working at an early age to help bring food on the table. My grandparents insisted that her going to school and having to work was simply to hard and there was still not enough money so they forced her to quit school. The whole family migrated to the United States searching for a better life and with a lot of hard work managed to make a better living. My mother went back to school to learn english and to earn her GED. Although she worked very long hours she has always managed to take good care of the family. She would never sent my father nor us with an empty stomach to school or work.  My mother has never lost her desire to learn new things, she is always reading something (especially the bible) or watching documentaries. For these and many more reasons I admire my mother.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing that your mom had to work so much and put so much time into her family but was still determined to get her GED. I know many immigrants come to America and never learn English, especially since there's so many Spanish speaking people here in California. Your moms achievements are wonderful, it seems like you were blessed with an amazing mom : ).

    ReplyDelete